Your home should really be coming together, we have cleaned out drawers, washed windows, scrubbed bathtubs, washed curtains, dusted, swept, and mopped. I need to be doing this all the time to keep my home feeling this clean.
1. Vacuum your mattress and flip it over.
2. Vacuum your couches, chairs, and stair ways.
3. Take out all rugs and dust them or wash them.
4. Wash your shower curtain and change your shower liner.
5. Wash all of the bedding on the beds in your home.
6. Clean out the washer and dryer, make sure the lint filter is completely clean.
7. Change the filter on the vacuum and wipe the vacuum down.
This has been a very fun challenge to help deep clean our homes. Life often gets so busy that we overlook a lot when it comes to cleaning, but a good deep cleaning every now and then does wonders for our home!
You have finally made it! Well most of you guys probably quit along the way because life gets busy and difficult. Check out MaidSavvy.com or out booking form as an easy shortcut to a spotless home. We promise that we won't tell anybody!
This week we need to focus on our private living spaces. We want those to look just as nice and be organized like the rest of the house.
1. Lets clean out the bedside table drawer, through away old magazines, maybe toss an outdated prescription, or old pens. Make sure to replace what you tossed.
2. Work on the book shelf today. If you have books on there that you really didn’t need or care about donate them and make room for ones that you do like.
3. Clean under the bathroom sink by organizing your makeup, towels, and personal items. You can do this very easily with small baskets. It also makes it easier to get ready when you can see everything.
4. Take the time to wipe out your china cabinet today and turn the light on inside the cabinet to show off your clean dishes.
5. Do a quick inventory of the shoes on your shoe rack. Donate ones you don’t wear anymore and toss the ones that are worn out.
6. Sweep and mop all the rooms with hard word or hard surface.
7. Clean out the bath tubs and showers, soak the shower heads in vinegar to remove buildup and you will have more water pressure.
We have really been busy cleaning these past few weeks. Everything should really be coming together and looking super nice. It always feels great to go to bed and get up to a cleaner home.
This week I think we should focus on the things that are often forgotten. How many times you have you pulled out your fridge and scrubbed the floor under there or maybe your stove? You may need someone to help you move the heavy items. How many times have you gotten on your hands and knees and scrubbed the wall behind the toilet. Those places can get really dirty, but they are often forgotten.
1. Pull out your fridge and wipe down the sides of it, then sweep and mop were it had been sitting.
2. Today’s task is to pull the stove out, wipe down all the sides. Probably give the wall a good scrubbing were food has splattered and ran down. Sweep and mop the floor and put your stove back.
3. Lets look behind our toilet today, you know, that spot we never actually get down in the floor to clean. Scrub the wall and the backside of the toilet. I’m sure it will smell and look much nicer.
4. Vacuum your box fans out. The dust that piles up in there can cause a fire if it gets enough build up. It also looks so much nicer when they aren’t full of dust bunnies.
5. Take all the blinds down and clean them with vinegar.
6. Before you put the blind back up wash all the windows in the house.
7. Wash or vacuum your curtains. This will make them smell nice and they will be free from dust.
I bet your home is really starting to look amazing. You’ve dusted your entire your home, your windows are sparkling, and your kitchen smells and looks amazing. Come back for challenge week three.
Each day for 30 days I challenge to clean something that only takes 30 minutes. With my list your home will be clean in no time. On the first week I think that we should focus on dusting. Dusting is something that you should always do first because when you sweep or vacuum you pick up the dust rather than create more if you was to dust last.
1. Dust all the baseboards
2. Dust your ceiling fans and light fixtures
3. Dust the furniture in your home
4. Dust under the cabinets in the kitchen
5. Dust all the electronics in the house
6. Dust pictures on the walls
7. Dust the top ledges of the door frames.
I know that some days it might take you a little longer, but if you break this down into one week you just dusted everything you own for the most part. Want your house look amazing when there is no dust in the corner and you want have to leave the ceiling and running to hide dust build up on the blades.
Check back next week for week number two!